A gift from my mother, a Olympus XA camera. I am going to test it out this afternoon. I don’t know anything about camera’s, I am lazy, I don’t enjoy overwhelming features. I just ask friends for camera suggestions, therefore this camera was suggested.
I went to the Value Village in my home town (I am visiting for spring break) and here’s what I found:
- “Pastel” Timex: You can’t see in this photo bu the faces says “xoxo” all over it. I always wanted a watch along these lines, as a child, I felt I had to get it. Plus the patent faux croc strap is great.
- Black Timex watch with giant 12 and 6: I am very excited about this watch, it needs a new strap and not mention a new battery.
- Black plastic bracelet: This may have been for a child, lucky for me, I have small wrists. Needs a little bit a clean up.
- Note: some of you may have noticed I have a watch obsession, Casio, Times, Swatch, if its plastic, black or weird looking I am snatching it up. I hope to photograph my watch collection, so you can all see.
Just some new goodies I thought I’d share, in the mood of self possession:
– White Doc Marten’s: I have always wanted a pair in white. They were on sale for $39, and my mom even got a pair. Sorry, haters, I know they are trendy right now, but I just love the feeling of a boot that has subcultural ties and makes you feel like your walking in a army of power.
-Spartacus Chetwynd, Spartacus Chetwynd. I became obsessed with this book, after doing a project on it for school. Thanks to my uncle, I was able to get my own copy, via gift certificate. Photo’s of the book insides, will be presented soon.
Some of the latest goodies, I got my hands on:
(Obesity and speed t-shirts)
(1992 collections magazine and 1989 issue of Vogue Hommes… lots of good stuff inside. scans will come later)
(Dad’s Henry Miller collection)
(Dr.Martens monk shoes)
I got this Bless safety pin in the mail today. A long time ago I saw a friend of mine sporting one on a necklace, it stuck in my head. I also have a fixation with safety pins, so this satisfies me very much so.
Portland Vintage find: Harley davidson vest
I am kinda going through a biker phase right now and this looks damn good with a greay cashmere sweater underneath, jeans and my Dayton Motorcycle boots….
Portland Vintage find: Boy London T-shirt
My sister had one in the late 1980s and after a couple years looking, I found one! I guess we already know my interest with Boy London??
Portland Vintage find: Leather bra
I couldn’t resist! I will wear this under sheer dresses (like my new Helmut Lang) and sheer white t-shirts…. It also looks kinda good over top of t-shirts….but I don’t know.
Ebay winnings: Vintage Helmut Lang dress
I am not really a dress person…..It looks really good on, and its semi sheer, so I have to find a slip for underneath. I really like the fabric its made from…
1. PVC Birkenstocks:
Sorry haters, call me a hippie. They are so comfortable, I could care less. I couldn’t find the UNDERCOVER one’s in my size, so I opted for these PVC one’s. Very happy feet, they thank me.
2. Underground Interiors:
A book I found at a used book shop. Early 1970s interiors, with Space age, Pop and surrealism. Right up my alley. It also features Zandra Rhodes apartment and Antoni Miralda’s Paris flat. Scans coming soon.